Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Weeks 5-8: Still in Shock

Decided to take two more Pregnancy Tests to see if there were any false-positives. There were none. By this time, I'm reading alot about pregnancy, since I am pretty clueless about the entire process. Here are some of the things I've learned so far:

-Movies portray pregnancy as lasting approximately 9 months. In reality, pregnancy is really a 40 week (or ten month) process. The first month is a throwaway month because most women have no clue that they are pregnant until 5+ weeks.

-Here are some "donts". Sushi and other raw meat, alcohol and smoking (of course), deli meats and soft cheeses (listeria), most drugs (both legal and illegal). Caffeine: none is best, but it hasn't been banned yet.

-Here are some "dos". Prenatal vitamins, drink lots of water, and exercise.

I know for a fact that I broke every rule (except for smoking & drugs) in the first month. I spend a few days thinking I've ruined my kid. Then I think of my parents and my friends parents in the 70s... and then I relax.

I do not feel pregnant. No morning sickness. No tiredness. Nothing....