Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Weeks 10-11: Telling Family

Now I'm feeling pregnant. I'm mildly nauseated every evening. It doesn't get too bad. I just feel off...like I'm about to get sick. I'm lucky, as I've heard other women can get extremely sick. I hate the smell of coffee and the thought of eating turkey grosses me out (which isn't good timing since its almost Thanksgiving).

I've developed a wicked case of insomnia. I go to bed at a normal time, and wake up every night at 3am. Then I cannot go back to sleep (cuz I'm going to the bathroom 1-2 times a night). Its worse than morning sickness.

Telling Family: I think we shocked everyone. We had both stated that we were definitely NOT having kids, so nobody was expecting this news. There were dropped jaws, swearing, crying, and some pretty crazy reactions. Its too bad I didn't have a digital camera to capture these moments....