Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Week 22 – The Baby Registry

Ugh, I got a cold Wed night and it lasted for the remainder of the week. Fortunately, my getting sick doesn’t affect the baby (with the exception of fevers). Now the question is: what meds are okay? I’ve read that extra doses of vitamin C, echinacea and other herbal remedies are discouraged. So I’ve been eating raw garlic and drinking hot tea and fruit juice. I shouldn't complain though, its been over a year since I've been sick. It was a nice run...

On a happier note, this weekend we created a baby registry at Babies R Us. What an overwhelming experience! We registered for about 60 items, and could have added tons more if we were following the New Parents Checklist verbatim. After a while, I began to enjoy the experience (even as I wrestled with car seats and strollers). Also, Dave and I purchased new furniture, a dresser for me and a bar that we are converting to a diaper changing station.