Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Week 18: Seabiscuit

I went to my third doc appointment. It isn't much different than the second, except I meet with a midwife for the first time. Good news: As of now, I'm a perfect candidate for a midwife birth. We listen to the Newbie's heartbeat again, it sounds strong as a horse and Dave starts calling the baby Seabiscuit. Later in the week I am given a blood test to determine if the baby has the potential for any birth defects (Downs, Spinal Bifida, A fancy name for No Brain, etc..). We should get the results in a few weeks...

Finally, I think I felt the baby for the first time. On Sat night, I felt a hard thump on my side, like a head butt. It was so strong it woke me up from a sound sleep. I didn't mind, since I've been anxiously awaiting this moment. Can't wait until I feel another movement.