Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Week 23 – Weight Gain

This week I went to my monthly doc appointment. The baby is healthy and I’m healthy. Everything is good...except I’ve gained 8lbs in the past month. This is 3-4 lbs more than is recommended (recommendation is 1 lb per week). Yikes! I think its all the Jamba Juice I’ve been drinking. New rule: Replace Jamba Juice with Prenatal Yoga.

Good news – the genetic testing came back negative (negative is good). This doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee that the baby will be healthy, but it’s a good sign.

I feel Newbie move several times throughout the day. I’m told that from now that the kicks will get stronger and I’ll start to see my stomach move (like Alien).