Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Week 24 – Six Months and Snoring

I’ve reached the six-month mark and folks are starting to comment on my belly. Two weeks ago, it was “You don’t even look pregnant”. Now its “You definitely look pregnant.”

Dave says I’ve started to snore at night. Actually, its not a snore but more like heavy breathing (think Darth Vadar). It’s probably due to the weight gain and increased mucous throughout my body. The good news is that it should disappear once the baby is born. The bad news is that Dave will have to suffer with it until the baby is born.

I never realized how precious sleep is to humans. I can’t sleep on my stomach or my back, so I’m stuck with the left side/right side sleeping position. Every night I prop 3-4 pillows and myself in a position conducive to sleep (sometimes it works, sometimes not). I’ve debated on whether to purchase a pregnancy pillow. I will feel foolish buying a pillow for only 3 ½ months…but I’m getting to the point where I will do anything for a good night’s sleep (since I definitely will not be sleeping much after the baby arrives).