Scolari Baby Blog

A short and hopefully entertaining summary of our pregnancy and birth. Includes pictures.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Week 40 - The due date comes and goes....

My Mom had warned me that both my sister and I were two weeks late. After months of hearing people say that it wasn't likely I'd make it to my due date, I've now gone beyond my due date.

I've tried a variety of things in hopes of "speeding things along". I've biked, walked, practiced yoga and cleaned the floors on my hands and knees. I've also tried eating greasy meaty pizza (sorry animals) and spicy foods. I guess this baby isn't ready to come out yet.

Now that I'm on maternity leave, I've been doing my best to both keep busy with those projects that I've wanted to do for years (i.e. reorganize the photo album treasure chest) and relax. To be honest, I don't know how many more naps I really need.

My spirits have ranged from enjoying this time of rest to getting the blues that I'm still very pregnant. I suppose I'll look back at this time and wish it had lasted for a year. For the record, I'm as ready now as I'll ever be to have this baby.

At least I'll have a clean house for both Newbie (now known as "THE CAMPER") and our summer guests. Hopefully the next entry will be the labor post!